Cinnamon Peach Sorbet
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Sorbet is a great way to enjoy a frozen treat without the fat of ice cream. If peaches aren't in season, substitute an equal amount of frozen peaches.
|Serving size:||approx. 1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||145|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1%|
- 3 cups water
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds peaches, halved and pitted (about 9 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Step by Step:
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add peaches and bring back to a boil. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon half the peaches and liquid into a blender and pulse to coarsely chop peaches. Turn on low and increase speed gradually until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl and repeat with remaining peaches and liquid. Cover mixture and refrigerate until cold, about 6 hours.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and process according to manufacturer's directions. Place mixture into a container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving.