Christmas Palm Cookies
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Give a modern touch to your Christmas cookies this year with this tasty recipe. You may start a new tradition!
|Serving size:||2 cookies|
|Calories per serving:||126|
|Total Fat 7.8g||12%|
- 1 package of pastry puff*
- dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a surface with a bit of flour to roll out the dough. Roll out the dough and cut it into a rectangle.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally until you have a homogenous mixture. Remove from heat and add the chopped walnuts, stirring until well mixed.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto the dough, being sure to reach all of the edges. Roll up one of the long sides of the dough rectangle towards the center and then roll the other long side. Wet the area where the two rolls will touch to help stick them to each other. It should make a heart shape.
- Sprinkle the rolls with powdered sugar and carefully cut into thin slices (about 1/4inch) with a very sharp knife. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until browned. Cool on a cooling rack before serving. *Make sure to refrigerate the pastry puff dough before using (do not freeze).