Christmas Eve Salad
Published March 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This recipe is a version of the typical Christmas Eve Salad served in Mexico.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||206|
|Total Fat 9.6g||15%|
- 1 head of lettuce
- 3/4 pounds of beets, cooked, peeled, and finely sliced
- 1 jicama, cut in strips
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 black onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, slivered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Step by Step:
- Make a bed of lettuce on a large tray and place the beets, jicama, orange slices, onion slices, and olives in a decorative manner.
- Whisk the olive oil with the vinegar and the lime juice in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with almonds. Serve cold.