Published February 22, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This seemingly normal chicken stew warms your cockles whilst bringing a fresh zing and holiday atmosphere with zesty orange.
|Serving size:||1/4 pound of meat|
|Calories per serving:||367|
|Total Fat 21.0g||32%|
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1lb. chicken thighs
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (14 oz.) chopped tomatoes
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Step by Step:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over a medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the chicken thighs skin side down and fry for 5 minutes, or until the skin in golden brown. Set the chicken aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and ground coriander fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover, turn down low, and simmer for at least 1 hour, or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Remove all the bones with a slotted spoon before serving.