Chicken and Pinto Bean Sauté
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Make a Mexican-inspired dinner tonight that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy! By rinsing and draining the beans twice, you remove a large portion of the sodium found in all types of canned beans.
|Serving size:||approx. 4 ounces meat, 1 cup beans|
|Calories per serving:||640|
|Total Fat 7.1g||11%|
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, well rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas
Step by Step:
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add beans, green onions, and spices and cook until chicken is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Serve with fat-free sour cream and warmed flour tortillas.