Cherry Quinoa Porridge
Published December 14, 2012 | Written by James Schend
For a twist on traditional oatmeal porridge, why not try adding a super-grain: quinoa. Add dried (or fresh) tart cherries. They contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps cut inflammation.
Cooking tip: Arthritis-fighting food: tart cherries
|Serving size:||1 cup|
|Calories per serving:||314|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4%|
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup dried unsweetened cherries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
Step by Step:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, stir together first five ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered, 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Serve drizzled with honey if desired.