Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
The perfect popping size, button mushrooms make great appetizers. With this recipe, these little morsels pack some big flavor-and nutrients like vitamin B.
|Serving size:||1 mushroom|
|Calories per serving:||-1|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4%|
- 24 button mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp soy sauce
Step by Step:
- Trim and clean mushroom caps (removing and discarding stems). Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, breadcrumbs, and soy sauce.
- Spoon cheese mixture evenly into mushroom caps and place caps on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 20 minutes.