Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This Scottish traditional side dish is updated with fresh herbs and a splash of lemon. Perfect for kids due to their sweetness and vibrant colours.
|Serving size:||7.5 oz.|
|Calories per serving:||84|
|Total Fat 5.2g||8%|
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces baby carrots, quartered
- 6 ounces swede, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step by Step:
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the carrots, swede, 15g of the margarine, salt and water. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain the vegetables and transfer to a bowl. Add the lemon juice, parsley and chives and stir gently until combined.