Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Pan-frying cauliflower brings out the natural sugars and caramelizes them, giving this side dish a sweet, nutty flavor.
|Serving size:||approx. 3/4 cup|
|Calories per serving:||71|
|Total Fat 5.2g||8%|
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step by Step:
- Warm olive oil and melt the butter in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower florets in an even layer and cook without stirring until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and continue cooking until browned, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Repeat until all sides are evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Drain and season to taste with salt and red and black pepper.