Published March 15, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Sweeten up your favorite movie snack! Air-popped corn is a healthy alternative to its oily counterpart. Adding some home-made caramel will satisfy that sweet tooth.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||115|
|Total Fat 3.1g||5%|
- 12 cups popcorn (cooked in a hot air popcorn popper)
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
Step by Step:
- Prepare popcorn in a hot air popcorn popper, set aside.
- Bring sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Toss popped popcorn with sugar mixture and spread out on a baking pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 275 degrees for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Break into small pieces and cool to room temperature.