Published March 14, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Packed full of flavour, this summer salad is a great on its own as a snack or an accompaniment to a fish dinner. Experiment with ingredients to add different flavours, colours, and textures.
|Serving size:||approx. 2/3 cup|
|Calories per serving:||200|
|Total Fat 9.2g||14%|
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Step by Step:
- Whisk the vinegars, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour, tossing occasionally.