Butternut Squash Soup
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This golden, bell-shaped squash is one of the iconic vegetables of autumn. Simmered gently until tender, this soup purees to a velvety smooth texture.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||177|
|Total Fat 5.3g||8%|
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Step by Step:
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium and add onion. Cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add squash and next 3 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup mixture in batches until smooth. Return to the pot and heat through. Serve warm with a grating of nutmeg.