Butter Bean Soup
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This smooth and silky autumnal soup is perfect with a chunk of buttered, crusty bread and a mug of hot tea. Experiment with different beans to create an array of textures, colours and flavours.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||372|
|Total Fat 12.2g||19%|
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans of butter beans, drained and washed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tsp. fresh oregano
Step by Step:
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the onions to the same frying pan that cooked the bacon and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, beans, and oregano. Bring to a boil, turn down, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth and top with chopped bacon rashers.