Buckwheat and Quinoa Granola
Published December 20, 2012 | Written by James Schend
Try this wheat-free granola topped with almond milk or soy yogurt for an energizing breakfast.
|Serving size:||Approximately ¾ cup|
|Calories per serving:||327|
|Total Fat 5.5g||8%|
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or a silpat (silicon baking mat).
- In a small bowl, stir together first five ingredients. In a large bowl, stir together buckwheat, quinoa, and oats. Add honey mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Spread mixture in an even layer in prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until grains start to brown. Remove and stir in cranberries. Place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.