Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Simple, flavourful, and a great way to use up those broccoli stalks that no one will eat. Throw in a couple of carrots if you don't have enough broccoli or cauliflower--they'll add nutritional content and a splash of colour.
|Serving size:||approx. 1 1/2 cups|
|Calories per serving:||113|
|Total Fat 6.2g||10%|
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 pound broccoli, broken into florets
- 2/3 pound cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 tbsp. fat-free yogurt
Step by Step:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and fry the onion for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the florets are soft.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg and blend until smooth. Serve in a bowl with a tablespoon of yogurt on top.