Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
These breakfast muffins contain no oil and no sugar, making them virtually fat free. Don't just reserve them for breakfast but snack on them whenever hunger pangs strike. The addition of walnuts and raisins ensure you receive a healthy dose of essential omega 3-fatty acids while the fruits help in adding fiber.
|Serving size:||1 muffin|
|Calories per serving:||198|
|Total Fat 5.1g||8%|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fat free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 large apple, finely grated (mix with 1 tsp lemon juice to avoid browning)
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 large zucchini, finely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and raisins (mixed)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a muffin tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and add in yogurt and egg. Whisk together until no lumps remain. Add the grated fruits and vegetables. Fold in the walnuts, raisins, flax seeds and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the tray so each cup is completely full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.