Braised Golden Beets
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
To make the most of this dish, serve it slightly warm--not hot--and all the delicious flavors will really shine.
|Serving size:||approx. 3/4 cup|
|Calories per serving:||81|
|Total Fat 5.1g||8%|
- 8 small golden beets, trimmed
- 11/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, more as needed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the beets in a baking dish and cover with water. Cover dish and bake until beets easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into thin slices. Place the beets in a medium bowl, add vinegar, and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add olive oil, parsley, garlic, and salt, tossing gently. Stir in pecans and serve.