Balsamic Braised Chicken
Published March 13, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Vinegars have sharp flavors that intensify when simmered. Here sweet balsamic vinegar is used as a simmering sauce for chicken breasts. Serve with a side of grilled onions and steamed broccoli.
|Serving size:||1 chicken breast|
|Calories per serving:||235|
|Total Fat 6.1g||9%|
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
Step by Step:
- Season chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, and Italian seasoning, turning chicken to coat. Cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.