Baked Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Published May 6, 2014 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
(Adapted from a recipe that sourced from Allrecipes.com.)
|Serving size:||1 squash half|
|Calories per serving:||340|
|Total Fat 15.0g||23%|
- 1 spaghetti squash (about five pounds), halved length-wise and seeded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon, low sodium
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part skim milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray. Place squash halves cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake squash 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife can be easily inserted. Remove from oven, and cool.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown. Stir in tomatoes, basil, bouillon cube, and black pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until you have a medium thick sauce.
- Mix the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses together.
- Remove squash strands with a fork, reserving the shells. Layer each shell half with a spoonful of the sauce, a layer of spaghetti squash strands, olives, and cheese mixture. Repeat layers until shells are full, or until all of the ingredients are used. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until Parmesan cheese melts.