Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Try this warm apple crumble, it's simple to make with just a few ingredients. Soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside; thick cream or custard complement the warm sweet cinnamon filling beautifully.
|Serving size:||1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||421|
|Total Fat 14.0g||22%|
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of flour and 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Now rub the butter into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until there are no lumps of butter, and the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place the fruit in a greased 9-inch ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir the ingredients well, and then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture is bubbling.
- Serve with thick cream or custard.