Apple carrot soup
Published February 8, 2013 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
This heartwarming soup recipe is full of nutritious ingredients and is fantastically flavored. It serves as a comforting food during a cold winter night. It can be served as a starter, appetizer or a side dish. You can also enjoy it as a full meal. If you are calorie conscious then you can skip the butter as the soup tastes awesome otherwise too.
|Serving size:||250 ml of cooked soup|
|Calories per serving:||82|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
- 1 large apple (finely chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1-inch ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
Step by Step:
- Add apples, carrots, tomatoes, ginger, mint leaves and water in a large skillet and boil over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes. Cool and grind to form puree. Strain the pureed soup.
- Season with salt, black pepper powder and butter and boil again for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.