Published May 1, 2014 | Written by The Healthline Editorial Team
Couscous is a simple and very nutritious dish to prepare. And toasting the almonds adds a tremendous amount of flavor, so don't be tempted to skip it!
Cooking tip: Toasting the almonds adds a tremendous amount of flavor, so don't be tempted to skip it. Simply put the almonds in a 350 degree F oven when the couscous is resting for 5 minutes. By the time the couscous is ready, your almonds will be toasted.
|Serving size:||Approx. 1/2 cup|
|Calories per serving:||211|
|Total Fat 6.0g||9%|
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup uncooked plain couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
Step by Step:
- Combine stock, turmeric and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous and cranberries, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add almonds and fluff mixture with a fork to combine. Serve immediately.