Religious Declaration on Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing
Within the declaration are the following statements:
- Sexuality is God's life-giving and life-fulfilling gift.
- Our faith traditions celebrate the goodness of creation, including our bodies and our sexuality.
- Our culture needs a sexual ethic focused on personal relationships and social justice rather than particular sexual acts.
- God hears the cries of those who suffer from the failure of religious communties to address sexuality.
- Faith communities must therefore be truth seeking, courageous, and just.
- Faith communities must also advocate for sexual and spiritual wholeness in society.