Pew Report on Teens and Social Media
- 39% of online teens share their own artistic creations online, such as artwork, photos, stories, or videos, up from 33% in 2004.
- 33% create or work on webpages or blogs for others, including those for groups they belong to, friends, or school assignments (unchanged since 2004).
- 28% have created their own online journal or blog, up from 19% in 2004.
- 27% maintain their own personal webpage, up from 22% in 2004.
- 26% remix content they find online into their own creations, up from 19% in 2004.
It was interesting tome how the pattern of communication is changing for teens - sharing digital images as a conversation is very different for me - and distinguishes me as "the older generation" - nice feeling!
Photo credit: mattkeefe