Having daughters, our house includes some basics which I will share:
- Ibuprofen - which seems to work better than period-specific over-the-counter medications we have tried;
- Heat - we have heat wraps that stick to you for during the day at school; cloth-filled beanbags we heat in the microwave;
- Tea - specifically fresh grated ginger tea made with honey, chamomile; and peppermint for settling a stomach;
- Sleep - get enough;
- Exercise - get enough - it helps with PMS, too;
- Water - odd but true, you will feel less bloated if you drink enough liquids - and avoid your body feeling like it has to "save" the liquid;
- Avoid salt & sugar - it makes you bloat worse - but helps with PMS!