How Busy is Busy?
- trying to keep the dog from waking up the kids, who have been at the California Junior Classical League Convention for 14 hours a day, two days in a row, and are exhausted;
- blogging, which I love, but takes time;
- waiting to start the laundry;
- get to the farmer's market;
- host a lunch;
- visit a store to buy an accessory for my oldest's school banquet Friday;
- have a fitting for a dress the youngest designed for an event two weeks from now;
- clean the house;
- buy groceries;
- make reservations for the college road trip during Spring break;
- set up appointments for an alignment check and oil change for road trip;
- move medical appointments because of water polo practice;
- make Sunday dinner; and
- be the kind, supportive and loving parent my kids need to complete their homework today.
But, in kicks my own advice! Breathe and prioritize! The kids will not care if the house is a mess this week, the lunch guests will be happy with cooked fare from the farmer's market, a year from now one child will be preparing for college and another finishing her first year of high school, so every moment with them counts, and what matters to them is that I am present and love them, so I will choose to focus on those very real things, hug my kids (when they finally wake up) and trudge through the chores - as time permits!
Thanks for listening! Hug your kids for me today and thank them for giving you a purpose on earth and keeping you sane!