I do not know if I am the only one, but after "baby boomers," of which I am one, I have trouble defining the generations, so I wandered over to Wikipedia to get some clarity. Here are some definitions to help others struggling with "who is who!"
- Greatest Generation (aka GI Generation) are the people who lived through the great depression, fought in World World II, and are the parents of the boomers
- Baby Boomers (aka the "me" generation) are in the cohort born after WWII until the early 1960s (some say 1955)
- Generation X (aka the 13th generation, or baby bust) is the generation following the boomers, born in the mid-1960s to 1980 when the number of babies born was apparently low (compared to the baby boom).
- Generation Y (aka Millennial Generation, echo boomers, millenials, Generation Next) born sometime between the 1970s and 1990s, they are primarily offspring of the boomers.
- Generation Z (aka people with parents born between 1960 and 1990) we do not have much to say about this group yet, as they are still being born.
Photo credit: Jun's World