What Medical Blogs are Read at the National Library of Medicine?
To the amusement of a number of medical bloggers, the "examples of citations to blogs" includes many carefully constructed references to some prominent (and not so prominent) blogs. The list -- to the eye of someone who reads blogs -- was not created randomly, and several people have wondered whether it represents the reading list from someone at the National Library of Medicine.
In order of appearance, the following is a complete list of blogs that were cited. Some of these blogs I read regularly; some I haven't read in a long time; and some blogs I would have never discovered if not for this list.
- Bioethics Discussion Blog
- The Health Care Blog
- Kidney Notes
- CAMLAW: complementary and alternative medicine law blog
- Nursing Studio
- HealthNex: IBMers and friends on networked, patient-centric healthcare
- HEALTH BLOG: WSJ's blog on health and the business of health
- AARP Issues Blog
- Schwitzer health news blog
- Diabetes Mine: a gold mine of straight talk and encouragement for people living with diabetes
- blogborygmi: a digest of developments in the life of an emergency medicine resident
- eHealth: a blog devoted to ehealth and healthcare information technologyScalpel or Sword?
- TechCrunch: explorons le Web 2.0
- O INTERNO: technologia e anesthesia
- Blog de Historia de la medicina
- RUNNING A HOSPITAL
- Kevin, M.D.: medical Weblog
- Future Scenarios for Health IT
- Family Medicine Notes
- The DDIR's COI Blog
- Director's Blog (CDC)
- MAeHC Blog