FDA video: Ibuprofen Interferes With Aspirin's Heart Protective Benefit
- take your daily dose of immediate-release low dose aspirin at least 30 minutes before you ever take ibuprofen and possibly any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- Otherwise, you should wait at least 8 hours after taking a dose of ibuprofen before taking your daily aspirin dose, in order to avoid preventing the heart-protecting anti-platelet effects of aspirin.
Now, the FDA has come up with an online podcast video describing this same information. Watch and learn! Click on one of the following options:
- Windows Media Closed Captioned
- RealPlayer Closed Captioned
- Windows Media Cable/DSL
- RealPlayer Cable/DSL
- MPEG Download. (Right-click and pick 'Save Target As' to save to disk.)
via FDA MedWatch Safety Alert – Ibuprofen and Aspirin taken Together – September 8, 2006