Cardiologist, author, and heart health expert Dr. Sarah Samaan offers advice on how to live a heart smart life.See all posts »
Heart Smart Living
It has been such a privilege and a terrific learning experience writing this blog for you over the past two years. Thanks to HealthLine.com, I have had the opportunity to share the latest news in heart health and to search for answers to thought provoking questions from my readers and patients alike. Writing this blog also led me to new insights into heart health and heart disease prevention, many of which found their way into my book, Best Practices for a Healthy Heart, published this summer.
I can sum up my heart health philosophy in a heart healthy nutshell this way:
- Exercise 150 minutes each week
- Choose a Mediterranean diet
- Don’t smoke
- Use alcohol in moderation
- Keep your body weight in a healthy range
- Know your numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar)
- Keep stress under control
- Choose a good doctor to be your partner in health
While my HealthLine.com blog will come to an end this month, the archives for the past two years will continue to be available to you on the website. Going forward, you can find my blog at BestPracticesHealthyHeart.com and follow me on Twitter @HeartSmarter.
I wish you the best of health and happiness.