National Healthy Skin Month
Our skin is our largest organ and the organ that everyone else sees. It protects our body, so we need to protect our skin. The American Academy of Dermatology celebrates National Healthy Skin Month in November. Dermatologists are our partners in achieving beautiful, healthy skin, hair and nails. Call 1-888-426-DERM for a specialist near you.
Advice from dermatology experts:
- You don't need to use soap on all parts of your body to achieve cleanliness. Soap is drying
- Smoking causes wrinkles and premature aging - so just for vanity's sake - stop!
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 daily that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Don't forget to apply sunscreen to your hands as well as your face!
- Beauty is skin deep - eat vitamin and antioxidant rich foods for that healthy glow!
- Hair procedures - less is more to keep luster and beauty. Avoid chemical products that lead to breakage and damage.
- Is the day of the face lift gone? Dermatologists use a combination of non-invasive procedures to help maintain a natural, youthful look:
- laser treatment
- light-energy treatments
- botulinum toxin injections
- photodynamic therapy
Thank you Aileen_banshee for use of photo Skin.
Recent Blog Posts