More on MRSA: Online Resources
Folks seem to be having difficulty accessing information and others who have had similar problems with infections. I have been unable to get information about rehabilitation post-infection so I will be looking for some clinicians to interview next week - volunteers? MRSA has killed more people in the US than AIDS... 18,650 deaths in the US were attributed to MRSA in 2005. That number exceeds the number of deaths due to emphysema or homicide.
Here are some other online resources for people who want to look, read or chat with others with MRSA experiences:
- MRSA Resources: a survivor of a near-fatal MRSA septicemia and his wife started this website to encourage others and provide information. This is another case of misdiagnosis with spider bite.
- CDC Strategies for Clinical Management of MRSA in the Community : 24 pages of expert advice available on line from the experts
- MRSA and the Workplace from NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- Surveillance - Data Collection & Statistical Analysis
- Epidemiologic and Laboratory Research
- Outbreak and Laboratory Support
- Extramural funding
Recent Blog Posts