La Diabetes Tipo 2: Now the Leading Cause of Death in Mexico
90% of border residents are obese or overweight - the most important risk factors for diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is a preventable condition when people are educated to be more active, eat less, and keep their weight under control. High blood pressure is another preventable medical illness that has been found in 36% of the diabetics in the border population.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disorders (NIDDK) has made available a rich library of resources in Spanish.
Prevent Diabetes Problems Series In Spanish
- Keep Your Diabetes Under Control In Spanish
- Keep Your Eyes Healthy In Spanish
- Keep Your Feet and Skin Healthy In Spanish
- Keep Your Heart and Blood Vessels Healthy In Spanish
- Keep Your Kidneys Healthy In Spanish
- Keep Your Nervous System Healthy In Spanish
- Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy In Spanish