Improving Health Literacy: Healthline Launches Drug Search
People searching online for health information are increasingly looking for information about medications, supplements and herbals. Some research indicates as much as 40% of online health related search by consumers is done to learn more about medications.
The shifting sands of medicine, pharmaceuticals and insurance are forcing consumers to be savvy, informed drivers of their own health care services. Understanding and complying with prescription medications is one point of care that consumers, physicians and pharmacists struggle with. Despite labeling, patient education in the provider's office and at the pharmacy - when it comes to drug usage - people still aren't getting it. Otherwise medication errors would not be such a huge problem resulting in hospital admissions and deaths. No matter what the literacy level or education level - understanding prescription medications and how and when to take them - is something we all struggle with.
Healthline Networks has launched a beautiful suite of products to address this gap in health literacy - Drug Search. Developed by a pharmacist, physician and other smart, caring people dedicated to consumer health, Healthline's Drug Search features an exclusive blend of expert pharmaceutical content with information on medicinal herbs, supplements and all possible interactions - including with foods.
- Try out our Interaction Checker.
- Pill Finder helps you identify medications via an image gallery
- FDA Patient Safety Alerts provides up-to-date information about consumer alerts
- Drug Notebook is one of my favorites. Everything you could want to know about your medications are answered on each drug page. Licensed from the American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), the authoritative reference for pharmacists, the tabs at the top provide: Basic Info, Top Questions, Clinical Information and Interactions.
- FDA Alerts are available on each drug page
- As is a Media Gallery with images of the medication
- Drug Notebook includes content from Natural Standard, one of the world's premier sources of evidence-based complementary and alternative therapies. Check out Drug Notebook for Basic information, Top Questions and Interactions for herbs and supplements.
Thank you Cerner Multum for use of image of Dilacor.
Recent Blog Posts