Healthline Analysis: Election 2008 - Huckabee's Health Plan [Hint: he doesn't have one]
Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas (served 1996-2007) has opinions and ideas about health care but has not, as of this writing, delivered a health care plan. He lost 110 lbs. when he was diagnosed with diabetes and wrote a book to inspire others, Quit Digging Your Own Grave with a Fork and a Knife. Words of wisdom: "...if it wasn't food 100 years ago, it's not food, it's a product."
Unfortunately, that is not enough to craft a health care policy and plan. Some of the ideas about health care he advocates:
- Preventive health care
- Keep health care in the private sector
- Make health insurance portable from one job to the next
- Adopt EHR (electronic health records)
- He is concerned about high costs and advocates a consumer base system vs. an employer based system
- Huckabee does not support a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy. Huckabee advocates punishing doctors who perform abortions.
Thank you Amazon.com for use of image.