Who We Read - Using Fitness Fixer for More
Down the right-hand column of your screen are several categories of links:
- First is "Health Expert Updates" where you can subscribe and have each new Fitness Fixer post sent to you free.
- Under "Health Expert Updates" is "Recent Posts." Recent Posts lists the ten Fitness Fixer posts before the one you are reading in the main screen. If you are reading an older post, you will not see current posts.
- Under "Recent Posts" come the "Archives." Clicking an archive link gives all posts from that month. I have been writing Fitness Fixer since 2006, so there are many months in the archives. Archives may not look interesting, but a month of posts at t time lets you quickly skim for short interesting reads. Try one.
- Under the Archives is "Who We Read." Here is where I can share with you sites I personally use:
- Bonkers Institute, in the guise of comedy and with a deft hand, exposes serious medical scams. I introduced it in the post Technical Difficulties.
- New Scientist generally has a variety of well-done and interesting science articles
- Scuba Doc is a massive wealth of scuba medical and technical information, put together by my dear colleague and friend Dr. Ern Campbell, MD, FACS. "Scubadoc's Diving Medicine Online" has an open Scuba Clinic Forum where you can find many diving questions and answers by topic, and interact with other divers and interested people. The Tenfootstop Weblog is a lovely helpful scuba blog. The FAQ is a considerable collection of scuba answers. The "Site Map and Table of Contents" gives a huge list of articles.
- TruthOrFiction calls itself "Your Email Reality Check" by checking veracity of "rumors, inspirational stories, virus warnings, hoaxes, scams, humorous tales, pleas for help, urban legends, prayer requests, calls to action, and other forwarded emails."
Any time you want to see the most recent Fitness Fixer post, click the blue underlined "Fitness Fixer" link under the Healthline.com menus, to the left of my name. It is (so far) always just above the title of the top post in the main screen.
Find your topics on the Fitness Fixer Index, and see Dr. Jolie's books on her website.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths