Thirteenth Paralympic Games Begin
Categories of athletes:
- Wheelchair: Spinal cord and other injuries or disabilities requiring use of a wheelchair.
- Amputee: Partial or total loss of at least one limb.
- Brain Injury: Cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, stroke, and conditions affecting balance and muscle control.
- Visual: Partial to total blindness.
- Les Autres (The Others): Athletes with other physical disabilities such as multiple sclerosis or congenital deformities of the limbs, dwarfism, and others.
- The category for Intellectual Disability is currently suspended following events entered by deception at the Sydney games in 2000, and is being re-evaluated by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC).
A request by Healthline has come in to not use labels. They state,
"In part of our ongoing testing, we’ve discovered that the addition of labels at the end of blogs is actually having a negative impact on the blogs' performance on search engines."Programmers, do you have suggestions?
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths