Moving More is Fun
Medicines prescribed for poor mood and the surprising number of diseases caused by sedentary lifestyle, frequently cause disease and despondency. Real life movement throughout the day has been found more effective than pills and surgery to reduce or solve depression, obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, reduce risk and effects of cancer, and other diseases.
Remember to enjoy moving. Go dancing. Skating. Play ball and Frisbee. Do community work. Pick up litter. Help a shut in. Fun doesn't only mean being entertained. Make doing good for yourself and community a positive fun feeling.
What projects can you think of to make real life active, healthy, and fun again, not just artificial movements in a gym? My Academy- the Academy of Functional Exercise Medicine (AFEM) teaches people and communities healthier ways to live - both in formal classes and grassroots community projects - click AFEM.
Fun Lifestyle Through Fitness Fixer:
- Healthy Youth Parties - Fun Exercise, No Junk Food
- Parcours - Old Fun Is New Exercise
- Neutral Spine Fun For Kids and Adults
- How To Join a Free Gym
- Lifestyle Fitness for Kids Through Gardening
- Exercise Your Sense of Humor
- Fitness is Getting Out and Living
- Sedentary Lifestyle Linked to Teen Emotional and Behavioral Problems
- What is "Fitness as a Lifestyle?"
Lifestyle Exercise Shouldn't Be Unhealthy:
- Stairs without pain - Better Exercise on the Stairs and Down the Stairs
- Bend right all day: and get free squats - Bending Right is Fitness as a Lifestyle
- Put things in cabinets without impinging your shoulder - Overhead Lifting, Reaching, and Throwing - More Part I
- Reach without compressing your rotator cuff - Overhead Lifting, Reaching, and Throwing Part I - Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Injury
- Lift overhead without impinging your lower spine - Change Daily Reaching to Get Ab Exercise and Stop Back and Shoulder Pain
- Carry loads without bashing your lower spine joints - Healthier Carrying - Get Free Ab Exercise and Stop Pain
- Bending without hurting knees or back - Free Exercise and Free Back and Knee Pain Prevention - Healthy Bending.
For personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions. Limited Class spaces for personal feedback. Top students may apply for certification through DrBookspan.com/Academy. Learn more in Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths