Good Bending Strengthens Legs and Lifting Ability
"Ahhh, so good to be a winna!!!
"Another recent success:
"I'd bought a steel fire pit that weighs about 50 lbs, and when I got it last November I could barely move it more than a few feet and that was with some pain. I was going to ask someone to help me move it for use on New Years Eve. But I've been really watching and correcting my posture for the last couple months, and when I picked it up New Years Eve, it seemed really light. I just whisked it out to the front yard like it weighed nothing, and there was no pain!!!Left drawing shows neutral spine and hip. Center and Right show two kinds of swayback (hyperlordosis) a slouching posture you can easily change to stop pain."I was amazed. I would never have guessed that good posture makes one so much stronger, but it does! I've also noticed a difference in my poise -- like forcing yourself to smile makes you feel happier, so does good posture make you feel more self confident. No surgeon could ever have given me that!
"Thanks, Dr. J.
How To Do This Too
- Fast Fitness - The First Group Functional Training Exercise, Good Bending for Back and Knees
- A short video with mostly good bending - Good Deeds With Good Bending
- Bending Right is Fitness as a Lifestyle
- Do you do good bending? Fast Fitness - Count How Many Times You Help Or Hurt Your Body Daily
- Examples of good bending in daily life - Household Fitness in the New Year
Better Ergonomics for Carrying Loads:
- Fast Fitness - How Abdominal Muscles Prevent Hyperlordosis When Carrying
- Healthier Carrying - Get Free Ab Exercise and Stop Pain
Great Technique for Pushing and Punching
What Is Neutral Spine?
Another Reader Applies Good Bending:
Random Fun Fitness Fixer:
Read success stories and send your own.
See if your answers are already here - click Fitness Fixer labels, links, archives, and Index. Subscribe free - "updates via e-mail" upper right.
For personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions.
Limited Class space for personal feedback. Top students may earn certification through DrBookspan.com/Academy. Learn more in Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths