Friday Fast Fitness - Partner Achilles Tendon Stretch
Here is fast Friday Fitness - relax, have fun practicing stretching and cooperating with a friend, and have a nice - Achilles stretch:
- Stand facing a partner at arm's length. Hold each other's hands or arms. Keep arms straight.
- Each partner leans and pulls back with straight arms while bending knees keeping heels down on the floor.
- Bend only as far as is fun and feels good. Keep leaning back. Keep heels down.
The point is not to squat to the floor, the point is to stretch the Achilles and learn healthy movement habits that you can use for real life. Keeping heels down when bending knees accomplishes the point. If someone is tight, they don't have to bend as far to get a big stretch. Raising heels loses the stretch and the point. Don't squat all the way with heels up, keep heels down.
Whenever you stretch, remember the point of a stretch instead of straining to an arbitrary endpoint.
- Learn good bending habits: Free Exercise and Free Back and Knee Pain Prevention - Healthy Bending.
- When should you use good bending habits?: How Good Would You Look From 400 Squats a Day - Just Stop Unhealthy Bending.
- Daily examples: Household Fitness in the New Year.
- Fun book for Stretching Smarter Stretching Healthier.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths