Fitness For The Spring New Year
Image by Nariman-Gh via Flickr
Friday, March 20th, is the start of the Baha'i and Persian/Zoroastrian New Year, falling on the Vernal Equinox, the beginning of Spring. Under various spellings, Norooz is a celebration of renewal. It is time to clean and plant, cook and make new clothes, dance and celebrate. Spring is a new beginning for many things in many cultures.
Fitness Fixer Posts for New Beginnings of Healthy Fitness:
One New Year's custom of my own family - swimming in the ocean every day of the year, all winter including New Year's Day in January, with temperatures below zeroC:
Healthy Spring Cleaning uses good body mechanics. Get exercise and injury prevention throughout the day:
- Household Fitness in the New Year
- Cardiovascular Cleanup
- Free Exercise and Free Back and Knee Pain Prevention - Healthy Bending
- Fast Fitness - Better Back and Leg Exercise When Vacuuming
- Autumn Yard Work - Limiting the Person Instead of the Injury Again?
- Lifestyle Fitness for Kids Through Gardening
Healthier Exercise Food:
- Exercise Common Sense Discipline - Turn Down Junk Food
- Junk Food Through Your Skin?
- Healthy Youth Parties - Fun Exercise, No Junk Food
- Is Your Health Food Unhealthful
- How Strong Is Your Arm? - Readers Find Out
- Fast Fitness Friday - Healthier Fitness Water
Renewing Spirit and Peace For AllClick here for President Obama's videotaped remarks.
The White House is also starting their spring garden, involving local children in the learning and important physical work. Post to follow next week.
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
Find your topics on the Fitness Fixer Index, and see Jolie's books on her website.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths