Fast Fitness - Stretch For Menstrual Cramps
Here is Friday Fast Fitness - a stretch to help relieve the ache of menstrual cramps and the same pain from uterine cramping after sexual relations:
- Person with cramping lies on back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor or bed.
- Partner sits at their feet, facing their knees, and gently cups the front of both thighs near the knees.
- Partner leans backward, pulling the top of both thighs with them (yellow arrows in photo). Cramping person should feel a pleasant relief stretch in the lower abdomen (red arrow in photo). Repeat as needed.
The partner doing the cramp release can either sit closely, securing the cramping person's feet with their knees (as pictured), or sit further back. It is preference for how you can best and most comfortably do the stretch.
The cramping person's feet can be moved closer to their body to add a nice Achilles tendon stretch, or if the partner applying the stretch is not strong enough to easily pull back. This stretch works extra well on a soft bed when the feet can sink into the soft surface. Apply it slowly to not overdo.
See how this works for you and send your suggestions.
- Fast Friday - Valentine's Day Partner Weightlifting
- Friday Fast Fitness - Partner Achilles Tendon Stretch
- Fast Fitness - Plyometric Partner Bench Press for Valentine's Week
Not Related, Random Fitness Fixer:
I make posts from fun mail and success stories. Before asking questions, see if your answers are already here - click labels under posts, links in posts, archives at right, and the Fitness Fixer Index. Why not try fun stuff, then contribute! Read success stories of these methods and send your own.
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
See Dr. Bookspan's Books, take a Class, get certified DrBookspan.com/Academy.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths