Fast Fitness - Strengthen Respiratory Muscles
Here is Fast Friday Fitness - Strengthen your breathing muscles for easier breathing.
- Blow up balloons instead of using a pump this New Year's Eve and through the New Year.
- Inflate some with the quickest breath you can do. Inflate others with long slow breath.
- Don't overbreathe or hyperventilate to become dizzy or force breathing or strain, which can increase blood pressure and pressure in the brain and eye. Stay healthy.
Your lungs don't have muscles, but you have inspiratory and expiratory muscles in your chest and diaphragm. They are muscles like any others that improve with training and decline without regular workouts. Breathing muscle exercise is now accepted scientifically as helpful to patients with various respiratory conditions, asthmas, and allergies.
- Lung Training from the Exercise Ball
- Do Breathing Exercises Work?
- Respiratory Muscle Training for Swimming, Diving, and Running
- Respiratory Muscle Training for Better Health and Exercise
- High Fat Meals Hurt Lung Function
- Grunting and Exercise
Have The Fitness Fixer e-mailed to you, free.
Click "updates via e-mail" - Health Expert Updates (trumpet icon) upper right column.
Find fun topics on the Fitness Fixer Index.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths