Fast Fitness - Straighten and Stretch Hip While Strengthening Core, Arms, Legs, and Balance
Here is Friday Fast Fitness - Increase strength and muscular endurance of your body working as a whole, and learn to keep neutral spine and good hip position against resistance.
- From a pushup position, turn to the side, raising one arm overhead, holding legs and body straight.
- Raise your top leg. Notice if you increase the inward curve of your lower back (overarch to hyperlordosis) and if you bring the leg forward - demonstrated in the upper photo.
- Instead, hold straight. To feel position, practice against a wall - demonstrated in the lower photo. Bring the back of the raised leg against the wall. Press your lower back closer toward the wall instead of letting it overarch from the weight of your leg pulling the spine.
More Fitness Fixer on Side Plank:
- To get started holding a side plank, see Fast Friday - Functional Oblique Abdominal Muscle Practice - Holding Straight
- For challenging addition, try Fast Friday - Oblique Core Strength and Balance on the Ball
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
Find your topics on the Fitness Fixer Index, and see Jolie's books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths