Fast Fitness - More Plank Chess and Success Photos
Here is Fast Friday Fitness - strong mind in a strong body - readers Paul J and son sent in their success playing their invention - plank chess:
Paul J writes:
"This time we played a complete game.
"We had to hold the plank during our turn.
"Once again my game was not going too well, and after about 10min I lost my balance moving my Knight.
"Tonight I’ll work on shoulders so inclined plank and wall hand stands are in order.
"I wonder if I can do a wall hand stand push up yet ….only one way to find out, right?" : )
Holding a plank 10 minutes is great work:
1. Hold your plank during your turn:
2. Your collaborator (remember, we are not opponents in life) holds a plank during their turn:
3. You hold a plank again during your next turn:
I have played tournament blitz chess (bullet chess), where moves can't exceed 15 seconds (or other brief time). I have played battle chess with martial artists in historic costume, fighting a short match for each move, with move completion only allowed upon winning. I have played Arpanet chess with military buddies, transmitting a move to another base, disconnect, go back to work, then stop any experiment on the burner to receive your collaborator's next move. I have tried (and tried) "total recall" chess where only a referee has tangible pieces while both players move only from memory. Plank chess from Paul J and son is a great idea.
Related Fitness Fixer:
- Fast Fitness - Can You Do Plank Chess?
- Third photo helpfully demonstrates losing neutral, allowing a bit of sag for benefit of readers to see. Keep your plank neutral - Fast Fitness - Push Ups with Neutral Spine
- Readers - have courage and try things yourself - Wall Handstand Success With Liz
Random Fitness Fixer:
Read success stories and send your own.
See if your answers are already here - click Fitness Fixer labels, links, archives, and Index.
For personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions.
Limited Class space for personal feedback. Top students may earn certification through DrBookspan.com/Academy. More fun in Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths