Fast Fitness - Make Your Own Device to Strengthen Arms, Upper Body, Balance, and Core Stability
Here is Fast Friday Fitness - Get intensive upper body and core training, balance, fun, and another use for the stability board you built in October 24th's Fast Fitness - Make Your Own Balance, Agility, and Leg and Ankle Retrainer.
Photos are still not loading. We didn't expect the problem to persist this long. I have been working extra to write posts not relying on images to explain concepts and techniques. Click the October link to see the photo of the board that loaded before this problem began:
- Take the board you made, or make one now.
- Hold a pushup position with feet on the floor and both hands on the board.
- Balance the board and hold your pushup position. Then try pushups. Then try deliberately tilting the board to each direction while you hold your body stable. If you built the chutes with clay strips (or other creative ideas) use your hands to rock the board to direct the marble while holding your body stable in plank (pushup position). Work up to doing push ups that way.
Hold neutral spine instead of letting your lower back arch and sag:
- See photos of what overarching looks like in What Does It Look Like to Not Use Abdominal Muscles?
- How to correct pushup up position to neutral spine - Fast Fitness - Strengthen by Changing Your Plank
- How to correct with feet up on a height - Fast Fitness - Fixing Your Handstand to Neutral Spine
Want more? Prop feet up on a bench or wall or other height, and both hands on the board. Want lots more? Use one device for your arms, and one for your feet.
Have The Fitness Fixer e-mailed to you, free.
Click "updates via e-mail" - Health Expert Updates (trumpet icon) upper right column.
Find fun topics on the Fitness Fixer Index.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths