Fast Fitness - High Core Strength For The New Year
Here is Fast Friday Fitness - a quick fun one to fulfill New Year's Resolutions for increased strength of body and core. Strengthen almost everything with this fun move that my students affectionately call "peeing dog" -
- Hold a straight pushup position. Keep elbows slightly bent, not locked.
- Lift one leg straight out to the side, as if over a bicycle. Hold as long as you can. Jump to switch other leg out to the other side.
- Hold neutral spine throughout (pictured at center). Don't let lower spine or neck droop under your weight (gray shirt second from right). This post shows how - Fast Fitness - Strengthen by Changing Your Plank.
- If Better Abdominal Muscles Are Your New Year's Resolution, Try This
- Change Common Exercises to Get Better Ab Exercise and Stop Back Pain
- Fast Fitness - Strengthen by Changing Your Plank
- Abdominal Muscle Exercise - Better, Different, Not What You Think
- What Does It Look Like to Not Use Abdominal Muscles?
Send your photos or short movies of your successes doing this.
Coming soon - an even more fun and challenging maneuver once you can do this one.
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer -Click "updates via e-mail" - (trumpet icon) upper right.
Fun topics on the Fitness Fixer Index.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths