Fast Fitness Halloween
Instead of junk candy, what about:
- Give "Pledge to be Drug Free" stickers. If you don't have preprinted stickers, easily make some with blank stickers or labels, colored markers, and help of children (yours or neighbors).
- Give small toys, available inexpensively in bulk. One choice is small blocks of modeling clay with a list of suggestions what kids can make - sculpt your dream profession, favorite person, flower... Toy, office, and hobby stores sell pre-packaged boxes of small cans of clay at economical prices. (Use some to make your high tech balance trainer.).
- If you don't distribute treats this year (or any year) put a sign on your gate or door to Trick or Treaters with a healthy message - "Be drug free," "Always say 'please and thank you,'" "Please look both ways before you cross the street," or other good message.
If nothing else, not giving junk candy may cut down on visitors to your house :-)
If you are dressed as something scary, show kids that even scary things act well and do good. Try healthy Halloween games to teach manners, such as, "You've Been Boo'd" with a good deed. In this game, you say something nice to someone or let someone in line ahead of you, tell them they have been "boo'd" and they are next to pass it on.
More Healthy Halloween choices:
- Exercise Common Sense Discipline - Turn Down Halloween Junk Food
- Is Your Health Food Unhealthful
- Mischief is Not Good Exercise - Halloween Ahimsa
- Happy Birthday Happy Halloween
Have The Fitness Fixer e-mailed to you, free.
Click "updates via e-mail" - Health Expert Updates (trumpet icon) upper right column.
Find fun topics on the Fitness Fixer Index.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths