Fast Fitness - Getting Exercise Making Holiday Light Power
Here is Fast Friday Fitness - Why pay money to go to a gym to use electricity to power a treadmill or exercise bike, when it should be the other way around.
Burn calories and save money generating electricity to power holiday lights for your house and community (and maybe your blender).
- Fourteen year old William Kamkwamba brought the first electric power to his village. He had no school to teach him, he went to the library to learn how to build a windmill from parts he hunted in a junkyard. If he can do it, can the engineers, builders, electricians, tinkers, teachers, and smarties of Fitness Fixer readers make a simple bicycle generator to hook up to holiday lights?
- Try a bike shop to see how to make or get a bicycle powered generator. Several models power bicycle lights. Adapt one to hook up to holiday lights.
- Sierra Club gives resources for pedal power. One is a human-powered 70 watt pedal generator for rural lighting and more from EcoSystems.
Each person in your group can get a turn to burn healthy calories and get in shape pedaling for an hour. The world gets clean electricity and you make it.
Happy New Decade of Common Sense Functional and Green Fitness.
- These are the kinds of projects my Academy works on - The Academy of Functional Exercise Medicine (AFEM). Come join us - www.DrBookspan.com/Academy.
- Academy Awards - Academy of Functional Exercise Medicine Awards Leading World Health 2009
- Fast Friday - More Exercise Biking and Help Save the Planet
- My Mother and I thought of this over 30 years ago - Train Exercise is Exercise Training.
Read success stories of these methods and send your own.
See if your answers are already here by clicking labels under posts, links in posts, archives at right, and The Fitness Fixer Index. Subscribe free, click "updates via e-mail" upper right.
For personal medical questions - Replies to Medical Questions. Limited Class space for personal feedback. Top students may earn certification through DrBookspan.com/Academy. Learn more in Dr. Bookspan's Books.
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths