Fast Fitness - Built In Functional Achilles Tendon Stretch
- Every time you bend with the squat, keep both heels down on the floor (upper right drawing) instead of raising heels (left).
- Every time you bend with a lunge, keep the front heel down, not lifted up and shifting forward to the toe.
- When ascending stairs, step up on your entire foot including the heel, down on the step, not just the toes and ball of the foot.
Many people stretch their Achilles tendon holding still. Is it such a mystery to get a pull during movement? Prepare your body how to stretch during movement. This normal daily life activity practices lengthening under body weight during normal movement.
Why do a few seconds of Achilles stretch then go back to tight, shortened real life use. Get hundreds of free stretches built in to your day in a way that gives free muscle and bone building exercise too.
- Good bending benefits your back, knees, and Achilles Tendon at the same time.
- If you don't know good bending, start with Free Exercise and Free Back and Knee Pain Prevention - Healthy Bending for the half-squat (crouch,
- and Strengthen Legs Without Knee Pain - Standing Lunge for the lunge.
Questions come in by hundreds. I make posts from fun mail. Before asking more, see if your answers are already here - click labels under posts, links in posts, archives at right, and the Fitness Fixer Index. Why not try fun stuff, then contribute! Read success stories of these methods and send your own.
Subscribe to The Fitness Fixer, free. Click "updates via e-mail" (under trumpet) upper right.
See Dr. Bookspan's Books, take a Class, get certified - DrBookspan.com/Academy.
Good bending drawing featuring Backman!™ © copyright Dr. Jolie Bookspan
Achilles image f via Wikipedia
Recent Blog Posts
Mar 09, 2010
New Healthy Employment Programs for Developmentally Disabled
Mar 04, 2010
Reader Uses Fitness Fixer Advice to Shovel Snow Painlessly and Beat Mother Nature
Mar 01, 2010
Lactic Acid Myths